Best Ever Chicken Balti
Photo by Stardustannie
About This Recipe
This is such an easy recipe, but so tasty. I used to put it on the menu of the gastro pub where I worked-people used to phone us to see if it was on and reserve portions! Even my Pops loves this and he is impossibly critical!Hope you enjoy!!”
- 4 -6boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoonchili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoonsgaram masala
- 1 teaspoon
- 3 tablespoonstomato puree
- 2 tablespoonsGreek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoonsmango chutney
- 1 teaspoonsalt
- 1/2 teaspoonsugar
- 4 tablespoonsoil
- 2green chilies
- 2 tablespoonssingle cream
- Blend together the tomato puree, yoghurt, garam masala, chili powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
- Heat oil and add tomato mixture-cook for approx 2 minutes-stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped chicken and a little cold water,and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add chilies, coriander and cream, stir in well and cook for a few minutes more. If the sauce is a little thick just add water to achieve your preferred consistency.
- Serve with boiled rice and/or naan bread.
- N.B-This freezes well-sometimes I just make the sauce up and freeze little tubs of it.